The 24th Annual Convention of the IAGLCWDC
aka The Miami Hoedown
May 25-29, 2017
During the World Outgames
Miami, Florida, USA
- This page will provide you with the latest information we have regarding our 24th annual convention and hoedown.
- Information was last updated on .
- See our E-News page to read our latest e-mail messages and how to join an e-mail list.
The 24th Annual IAGLCWDC Convention and Hoedown will be held in
combination with World Outgames Miami 2017. In essence, the Outgames is
our convention. To make this work in coordination with the overall
structure of both organizations, the Outgames will handle registration
hotel negotiations that include dance and workshop venues, and the
overall framework of scheduling. In return, we get a great place to
dance, hold our
workshops and meetings, hold our championship dance competition, have
parties and socials, and attend the many other Outgames events.
Host Hotel |
- This is the single biggest change from the way we usually do things at our conventions, so we're putting it first.
- The IAGLCWDC will NOT be handling registration. Instead, registration will be handled by the Outgames Committee.
- You will NOT use the IAGLCWDC Hoedown Registration website to register. Instead, we all must use the Outgames Site.
- See our Registration Information page for registration instructions.
- OVER FORTY HOURS of dance workshops will be offered in three rooms simultaneously.
- The latest Workshop Schedule
(last updated on )
is available. (Always a work in progress)
- View our list of Workshop Instructors
(with names, pics, and bios, last updated on )
- For questions, contact the IAGLCWDC Director of Dance, Don Curran
- The Outgames will host the 20th Annual IAGLCWDC Championship Dance Competition during the Miami Hoedown.
- The competition will be held on Sunday, May 28, 2017 in the Grand Ballroom.
- See our Competition Information page for more information. (last updated on )
- For questions, contact the IAGLCWDC Competitions Director, Lee Fox
- Exhibitions will be performed on Friday and Sunday nights in the Grand Ballroom during the open dances.
- The Exhibitions Coordinator is Alan Gaudet
- To Exhibit, please complete one of the following applications
and submit it as instructed on the form no later than April 30, 2017.